We love Cinco de Mayo in Seattle! That means all the great Mexican joints nearby have food and drink specials. So if you are still trying to decide, here is our favorite and what they have to offer this Cinco de Mayo:
- Casco Antiguo
One of our absolute favorite Mexican restaurants. The best part is, they have Cinco de Mayo food and drink specials starting at 3 p.m., including $4 ceviche, $3 tacos and $6 tap margaritas!
But if you’ve decided that the rainy weather we have today in Seattle isn’t your ideal Cinco de Mayo day to go out, you can always do your own fiesta at home! Invite a couple of friends and tell your roommate to get ready because your place is going to host an epic Cinco de Mayo FIESTA and we’ll help make sure that happens.
We have the best Cinco de Mayo food and drink recipes to help you throw an unforgettable party.
It all starts with the food…
- Best EVER pork tacos. These pork meat is so flavorful you will not have leftovers. Get the recipe here. Local tip: get the pork meat from Rainshadow Meats.
- The SIMPLEST oven-roasted chicken fajitas. All the traditional ingredients put together in a pan in the oven and voila! Delicious fajitas with minimal work—perfect for an impromptu fiesta. Get the recipe here.
- Cheesy Chicken Flautas. A quick and easy flautas recipe that everyone will love! Because who can resist cheesy chicken wrapped in a tortilla?! Get the recipe here.
- Healthy Choice. If you’re going for more of a healthy snack kind of vibe for your get together, then try some of these 5 healthy Cinco de Mayo snacks.
And while you wait for the food to cook, don’t forget to sip on some of these Mexican beverages.
- Best Margarita Recipe. If you like the classics, then we have the perfect margarita for you. Get the recipe here.
- Mexican beer and soda. Try Sol, Corona or Dos equis for your beer and don’t forget the Coke or Sprite in glass bottles straight from Mexico!
- Tequila. We can’t forget about the tequila! The good thing about REALLY good tequila is that you don’t need lime or salt. Try Espolon Blanco, Milagro, Don Julio Real or Centenario, but there are many other good ones.
Have a Happy Cinco de Mayo!